Food for thought: What is proper holiday cocktail fare for 2012?

 
I went to a cocktail party the other night and was intersted to see what everyone thought was proper holiday cocktail party fare...here in 2012.
 
I brought proscuitto-wrapped breadsticks (that I baked from frozen dough) plus some skewers of cherry tomatoes, mozzerella and basil. Simple, easy finger-food. Nothing outstanding but good (the plates were empty at the end of the night!).
 
Others brought:
 
Deviled eggs--yes, really (no one ate them)
Cream cheese pinwheels, again, I'm not kidding. Tons left at end of party.
Pink frosted lemon cupcakes (for a Christmas party?) She took most of them home.
Homemade pork dumplings (yum) Many left, but they were good.
Cheese and cracker (Townhouse, if I'm not mistaken) Picked over.
Baked brie (timeless) Gone.
Cheesecake (people love cheesecake!)
 
Just saying.
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts