Super Simple Fruit Cobbler Recipe

I love this super simple fruit cobbler recipe. It's actually a composite of other recipes and my own and I hope you like it! I made it last night with canned tart organic cherries (drained). You can use any summer fruit or canned or frozen fruit. Just be sure to drain all canned fruit well and defrost frozen before using.

Karen's Super Simple Cobbler

1 c. self-rising flour*
3/4 c. sugar
6 tbsp. butter (1/2 a stick + 1 tbsp). melted
1 c. milk
1/8 tsp. salt (or a couple pinches)
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 c. washed fruit -- berries, peaches, cherries all work great

Put flour and sugar and salt in bowl and whisk together. Add milk and blend well. Add melted butter and blend until smooth.

Butter a baking dish (8" x 8"). Pour batter in dish. Top with fruit (just scatter it around. Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp on top.

Enjoy with whipped cream or ice cream.

*You can make your own self-rising flour: Take one cup of measured flour and remove 2 tbsp. Add 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1 tsp. of salt. Put all into a bowl and you're ready to go!



For the love of gluten...



If you're like me, you quickly discovered the deliciousness of gluten once you tried "gluten-free!"
YUK! Most of it is tasteless and I'm so glad I don't have a severe gluten allergy, but I do notice when I eat wheat bread I bloat...a lot!
So I tried this and that and I've found Rudy's gluten free breads. Now, these aren't new and you're probably wondering what rock I live under if I haven't tried them, but I was gun shy after so many bad experiences with other brands.
Rudy's tastes kind of like "bread light" and has nice texture when toasted. I love it in the morning and it even makes a nice French toast. All without the bloat.
Rudy's...so glad I tried it!

Comments

Popular Posts