Best Gluten Free Brownie Mix: A Review


I, like many these days, have had to go (mostly) gluten free. I don't have a serious health problem or Celiac, but I am affected by gluten and wheat, so I avoid when I can.

But...I love baked goods as a treat so what to do?

Try and test the myriad of gluten free mixes to find ones that suit my taste buds as well as my system. So far we've (my husband who has had to go mostly gluten-free just because that's what I bake now and he loves to eat) found a winner.




Our winner is the Gluten Free Pantry Chocolate Truffle Brownie Mix. This is the first "mix" I tried when baking gluten free and we were so suprised at how fudgie and decadent this was. It made some of the best brownies ever--with our without gluten.


So, when I read the GlutenFreeGoddess site and she professed to love Pamela's brownie mix, I thought I'd give it a try. At a recent trip to Whole Foods I noticed Pamela's was $2.00 more than the Gluten Free Pantry. I reasoned it must be worth it.

Wrong.

This mix wasn't horrible, but it was grainy and even the slightest bit salty. I used the regular brownie mix recipe (there are choices to make it cake-like, fudgie, no eggs, etc.). I did use a mix of butter and oil (unsalted) for flavor, but overall I followed it to a T.

Unfortunately, the results just didn't warrant paying extra. I'll go back to my original fave, but I'll keep trying others now and then just to make sure!
 
See my gluten free bread mix review coming soon...
 
 
 
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005S6N1EI
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts