My favorite lower carb baking tips:
1. Use almond meal instead of flour when baking sweet items.
2. Find a gluten-free flour mix for baking--use in place of flour or mix with almond meal and even ratios (works great with cookies!)
3. Cut down on the sugar--you can easily lose half the sugar in a recipe and not miss it. For example, if a cookie recipe calls for 1 c. white sugar and 3/4 brown sugar, I make it 1/2 c. white and 1/3 c. brown. I usually never miss the extra sweetness.
4. Use rice or other types of pasta when cooking. There are lots of no-flour pastas that taste great on the market.
5. Don't use flour to thicken sauces. Use arrowroot or gluten-free flour blends.
6. Make your own almond mean/flour by buying bulk almonds and grinding in a food processor until very fine--but be careful not to over grind or you'll end up with almond butter!